1. What is a Chemical Metering Pump?
A Chemical Metering Pump is a specialized pump used to meter and pump various types of corrosive and hazardous chemicals at precise flow rates. These pumps can be manually or automatically adjusted, and are typically low-flow pumps used in applications such as wastewater treatment, water treatment, and air pollution control to meter the necessary amount of chemicals. Chemical Metering Pumps are commonly used in water treatment and wastewater treatment applications.
2. Types of Chemical Metering Pumps?
– Piston Chemical Metering Pump: This type of pump has a pump chamber in the form of a cylinder and the forward and backward movement of the piston within the cylinder regulates the flow rate. The pump’s flow rate can be adjusted by changing the stroke length or the frequency of the piston. Piston Chemical Metering Pumps are commonly used for pumping non-corrosive liquids without solids and for high-pressure systems.
Diaphragm Chemical Metering Pump: This type of pump is used for applications that require precise measurement of liquid flow rate. It mainly uses a diaphragm pump (usually made of rubber, but can also be made of other materials depending on the liquid being pumped). Diaphragm metering pumps have many advantages: they allow for flow rate adjustment from low to high as required, have a sealed structure and do not leak fluid, have a simple pump structure, and only have a few moving parts which makes them long-lasting with minimal maintenance.
Hydraulic Diaphragm Chemical Metering Pump: This type of pump has a pump chamber that is separated into two compartments by a flat energy barrier made of rubber or plastic. The first compartment is the auxiliary chamber, located between the diaphragm and the piston. The second compartment is the main chamber, located between the pump head and the diaphragm and acts as a diaphragm pump chamber. The movement of the diaphragm creates suction or discharge of the liquid that needs to be pumped.
Electromagnetic Chemical Metering Pump: This type of pump is used for treating inorganic sludge such as semiconductors, circuits, metals, etc. It is commonly used in industrial chemical sludge treatment as well as in food processing for items such as beer, dipping sauce, and beverages. This pump is also widely used in industrial and food processing wastewater treatment.
Electromagnetic Dosing Pump: This type of dosing pump is used in the treatment of inorganic sludge such as semiconductors, circuits, metals, etc. It is often used in the treatment of industrial chemical sludge as well as in the treatment of sludge for the food technology industry such as sugar, beer, condiments, beverages. In addition, this pump is widely used in industrial and food processing today.
Moreover, there are currently many other types of chemical dosing pumps on the market, such as Electronic Dosing Pump, Automatic Control Dosing Pump…
3. Applications of various types of Chemical Dosing Pumps
3.1/ Applications of the Piston Chemical Dosing Pump:
• The pumped substance should not be a corrosive compound or a compound containing solid particles (as corrosive substances will damage the piston seal)
• Leakage prevention requirements are not too stringent (as there will inevitably be some leakage between the piston and piston seal)
• The system requires high pressure (as the piston pump allows for pressures of several hundred kg/cm2 while other types of chemical dosing pumps can only achieve a maximum pressure of 10-15 kg/cm2)
3.2/ Applications of Hydraulic Diaphragm Metering Pumps:
• The pumped substance requires corrosion-resistant compounds and suspensions of solid particles.
• There is a high demand for leak prevention and gas leakage prevention.
• The system requires high pressure.
• The pumped substance is toxic.
3.3/ Applications of Metering Pump with Diaphragm:
• Metering Pumps with Diaphragm are used in many industries, including pumping liquids, clean water, sludge and wastewater, pumping viscous liquids, in power plants, paper mills, in the oil and gas industry, chemical industry, marine industry, etc…
4. How to choose a Chemical Dosing Pump?
When selecting a Chemical Dosing Pump, users need to understand their pumping solution as well as understand the different types of Chemical Dosing Pumps in order to choose the appropriate one.
Typically, the most important factors when choosing a Chemical Dosing Pump are the material and pump capacity. In addition, customers may choose according to the brand or price of the pump.
4.1/ Factors to consider when selecting a Chemical Dosing Pump include:
– Does the pumping solution contain solids or have viscosity?
Pumping solution: Temperature, flow rate, properties, corrosiveness, viscosity, and level
Pump voltage, pump material, pump operation, and applications for each type of pump
Here is some information about some types of Chemical Dosing Pumps. We are the exclusive distributor of EMEC – genuine Chemical Dosing Pumps in Ho Chi Minh City.
VIET THAI T.T CO., LTD is the exclusive distributor of EMEC products in Ho Chi Minh City. In addition to Chemical Dosing Pumps, we also offer other prominent products such as chemical dosing systems, water metering pumps, sensors, chemical pumps, submersible pumps for wastewater, and more.
Our products serve the manufacturing and environmental industries.
We specialize in providing chemical measuring equipment such as Chemical Dosing Pumps, PH measuring equipment, chemical conduits, chemical storage tanks, and more.
Our customers include multinational companies such as Cocacola, Pepsi, Unilever, P&G, Colgate, Pamolive, Lavie, Nestle, Heineken, and industrial parks.
Not only do we supply equipment, we also offer installation support upon request.
In addition, we offer free and dedicated customer support to answer any questions our customers may have.
We are committed to selling 100% genuine products. When purchasing from Viet Thai TT, our customers are offered a 12-month warranty and a 1-for-1 exchange policy within 3 days of purchase. Therefore, if you are in need of Chemical Dosing Pumps, please contact us at:
VIET THAI T.T CO., LTD
Address: 2/6 Nguyen Huy Luong, Ward 14, Binh Thanh District, Ho Chi Minh City (map)
Phone: (+84-28) 35511793 – Fax: (+84-28) 35511794